Tuesday 21 July 2015

Sugar Free Chilli Hot Chocolate {SR, GF, low FODMAP, LCHF}

Hello there!

First off I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has visited the blog and contributed in your own way. In exactly one year I have had over 5000 views of my recipes from countries all around the world. I am absolutely blown away by how far the reach has gone.

A special shout out goes to my readers in Russia, Switzerland and France - I hope you guys are now rocking low FODMAP living too! If you ever have requests or questions please feel free to leave them in the comments section, I would love to hear from all of you.

Today is a particularly cold and rainy day here in the usually warm and sunny Brisbane. So I thought  I would share with you an odd but strangely delicious winter treat I love  - chilli hot chocolate!

Sugar Free Chilli Hot Chocolate {SR, GF, low FODMAP, LCHF}

1 cup nut milk (think almond or macadamia milk, or just any lactose free milk)
1 Tab raw cacao
1 tsp rice malt syrup
Pinch chili flakes
Pinch cinnamon
Pinch vanilla powder
Pinch paprica

Add milk to a saucepan and gently bring it to boil. While milk is warming sift in the raw cacao (if you can be bothered, I really hate sifting), otherwise just add in and break up any clumps with a small whisk. Add in remaining ingredients and combine well.

Once mixture has reached a simmer, pour it into your favourite mug and enjoy, simple as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment